Saturday, June 14, 2008

Missions trip

Over Sun-Wed I was on a missions trip.  It was a very powerful experience for me.  It was a lot of hard work and a lot of serving.  We went to a place called Marie Sandvicks were we heard some story's from the person who ran it that were horrifying.  But it helped all of us to realize that we are not in a perfect world, and that everyone needs the love of Jesus.  

We got to pack boxes at second harvest, which mounted to a total of 1401 boxes of food which would go to over a 1000 different service organizations.  We also packed boxes at Feed My Starving Children, where we made enough boxes of food to feed 27 children for a year in some orphanage in another place in the world.

I was so glad that I got to go, there were so many cool experiences and I hope that I will be able to do more in the future.

2 comments:

The Video Game Freak said...

I agree with you. I went last year, and WHOO BOY! that's is really powerful stuff.

kristi noser said...

It's startling what kind of things people deal with in our "affluent" society. I'm glad you got to see how people struggle in this area. Makes for a soft heart for others.